- Accommodation and travel provided
- Please note that Superannuation will be paid on top of advertised rate
- Coastal location
An Eastern SA hospital requires a Junior Medical Officer in Internal Medicine from 03/02/2020 to 16/02/2020
Booked in two week blocks for Gen Med Wards.
Mon to Fri - 0800 – 1830 (10hrs)
Sat and Sun – 0800 – 1200 (4hrs)
1. Be the principal doctor for Inpatients in the Ward
2. Support the senior medical officer in the ED, within the rostered time when possible
3. Seek support of the senior Medical Officer in making and executing important decisions
4. Document comprehensive and accurate records for all patients seen.
5. Be available for surgical assist in the theatre in emergencies.
6. Carry out investigative and treatment procedures within the hospital as applicable.
7. Follow-up on the investigations sent out and take necessary actions.
8. Conduct regular ward rounds so as to facilitate efficient patient flows
9. Participate in multi-disciplinary meeting / case conference with other staff members and patient’s next of kin, when warranted.
10. Liaise with specialists in metro hospitals in Adelaide for advice and transfer of patient care
11. Prepare a referral letter when transferred out to metro hospitals
12. Liaise with Medstar / SAAS for efficient patient transfers
13. Liaise with the usual GP / provider of primary care to extract and disseminate patient health information and contribute to holistic patient care.
14. Prepare discharge summaries for all in-patients at time of discharge.
15. Shall participate in the clinical handover process in the ward.
16. Be available for emergency situations, assisting surgeries and resuscitation of Mother and child during emergency LSCS
For further information about this job, please contact Naomi Fairweather on 1300 900 100.
About Skilled Medical
Skilled Medical is an international medical recruitment, placement and services firm that delivers qualified medical professionals wherever they are needed in Australia, New Zealand, the United Kingdom and Ireland.
With local offices in Melbourne and London, we provide a personalised service to assist medical professionals with locum/temp and permanent placements.
Skilled Medical is a doctor-led company with years of industry experience and is dedicated to assisting medical professionals in their work and careers.
To apply for this job, please complete the Skilled Medical Registration form below or the contact form if you have already registered with us.
Candidates must be registered with AHPRA and have the Right to Work in Australia. You can also contact a Skilled Medical Recruitment Consultant to
discuss this role on 1300 900 100