The Senior Medical Practitioner is responsible for the clinical care of patients in the emergency department including:
- attending to patients in order of medical urgency.
- taking history and full medical examinations of new admissions and arranging appropriate investigations and performing medical procedures as required.
- managing medical conditions according to acceptable clinical standards under supervision of consultants.
- collaborating with other medical staff, nursing staff and multidisciplinary team members to facilitate patient management.
- communicating with family, outside medical practitioners, and/or community services concerning patient management.
- supervision and support to junior medical staff working in the emergency department.
Document clinical notes throughout each episode of patient care and at the time of discharge to meet medical record standard.
Manage patients and documents with regard to risk management principles.
Participate in after hours and weekend rosters. PD available upon request.
South West, Western Australia
Remuneration package includes:
• Attractive base salary
• Overtime, on-call & shift penalties
• Employer superannuation & annual Leave loading
• Professional Development leave & allowance
• Visa sponsorship
• Other location-based allowances
About Skilled Medical
Skilled Medical has offices in London and Melbourne and our experienced International Recruitment team members are available to support you through the AHPRA registration and visa sponsorship process. Our Concierge service will support your relocation and settlement into Australia. To read more about Skilled Medical and view our Australian job board, visit us at www.skilledmedical.com
Please call our London office (+44) 0333 444 2000 and speak to our Senior Recruitment Consultants, Will or Gareth or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your queries. We can also discuss professional registration and work visa requirements. Or call our Melbourne office on 1300 900 100 o remail email@example.com
This permanent position is suitable for qualified UK & IE Doctors, subject to meeting professional registration and work visa requirements. AHPRA Medical Board of Australia registration requires UK Medical graduate qualifications or PLAB certification.
Skilled Medical has a number of similar job opportunities with attractive remuneration packages in several states of Australia. Please feel free to contact us to discuss other positions available.
Refer a Colleague
Do you have a medical friend or colleague who is interested in working in Australia? We pay a referral reward for the successful placement into a permanent Australian position.