The Senior Medical Officer with Advanced Skills in Obstetrics will be responsible for the provision of efficient quality medical services to inpatient and outpatients of the Health Service.
Locations worked within the Hospital include the Maternity Unit, Antenatal Clinics, General Inpatient Unit and the Emergency Department on a rostered basis.
Senior Medical Officer Obstetricians are rostered to provide 24 hour cover for maternity and to support, by standby call, overnight Principle House Officers.
There will be opportunities to provide outreach antenatal clinics within our Indigenous community.
The purpose of this position is to provide clinical obstetrical services in the areas of inpatient and outpatient care, administration, service planning and teaching to the communities in the health service area.
Key accountabilities of the role include:
• Follow defined service quality standards, work health and safety policies and procedures relating to the work being undertaken in order to ensure high quality, safe services and workplaces.
• Provide leadership of the multidisciplinary team to improve care by being a role model, reviewing and developing care processes, monitoring emerging issues and leading change.
• Undertake clinical responsibilities including on-call by providing patient care, liaison with other doctors, and hospital for referrals, and maintaining appropriate records and confidentiality, including obtaining and documenting consent.
• Participate in clinical governance by proactively managing patient feedback, attending peer review audits, monitoring care outcomes, and reporting promptly to the Medical Superintendent of any significant concerns with quality of care.
PD available upon request.
Remuneration package includes:
• Attractive salary
• Overtime, on-call & shift penalties
• Employer superannuation & annual Leave loading
• Professional Development leave & allowance
• Motor Vehicle allowance
• Visa sponsorship and Relocation funding
In addition to the above, you will receive these benefits:
- A wellness program; Flexible work arrangements;
- Career training and development;
- Salary packaging;
- and Lower cost of living
About Skilled Medical
Skilled Medical has offices in London and Melbourne and our experienced International Recruitment team members are available to support you through the AHPRA registration and visa sponsorship process.
Our Concierge service will support your relocation and settlement into Australia. To read more about Skilled Medical and view our Australian job board, visit us at www.skilledmedical.com
Please call our London office (+44) 0333 444 2000 and speak to our Senior Recruitment Consultants, Will or Gareth or email us at email@example.com with your queries. We can also discuss professional registration and work visa requirements.
This permanent position is suitable for qualified UK & IE Doctors, subject to meeting professional registration and work visa requirements. AHPRA Medical Board of Australia registration requires UK Medical graduate qualifications or PLAB certification.
Skilled Medical has a number of similar job opportunities with attractive remuneration packages in several states of Australia. Please feel free to contact us to discuss other positions available.
Refer a Colleague
Do you have a medical friend or colleague who is interested in working in Australia? We pay a referral reward for the successful placement into a permanent Australian position.